Cryptostamp.ca is Canadian digital philately products platform. We created country’s first NFT crypto stamp marketplace and combined it with traditional philately products.
Join us on the quest to embrace the changing nature of physical stamps and their technological blockchain evolution. NFT stamps expand the storytelling nature of physical stamps, while maintaining the unique ownership rights of physical stamps. Our mission is to
- utilize blockchain technology and drive digital philately products and collectibles innovation
- raise awareness and help design and develop official digital postage crypto stamps in collaboration with Canada Post
- build digital marketplace to collect, trade, and sell real stamps, digital and curated digital art variations of postage stamps as NFT tokens and make the life of a stamp collector more entertaining and rewarding
- provide blockchain consultancy and create opportunities for mainstream adoption and trade of physical and digital stamps by global community of collectors
And we like good old postage stamps, first day covers, and other philately collectibles. Check them out on the marketplace while we are working on the latest developments in Physical NFTs that will eventually embrace physical assets like stamp, coins, and other collectibles.
What are Crypto Stamps?
The Crypto Stamp is a new generation of postage stamps that are connected with a digital twin to the Ethereum blockchain.
Each stamp bears a unique secret code hidden behind a scratch-off area. The secret code enables its owner to activate exactly one counterpart of that stamp on the blockchain as a digital collectible.
The creation, ownership, exchange and trading of the digital stamps is managed through a smart contract deployed on the Ethereum blockchain.
Crypto stamp is a stamp that consists of two parts: a physical stamp and a digital twin that you can collect, exchange and trade – also in the blockchain. The availability is limited to issue size and encoded into the smart contract.
Cryptography and the blockchain technology components of each Crypto Stamp carries three attributes that distinguish it from all other stamps:
- An ID that will be associated with one specific stamp throughout the lifetime of the smart contract.
- A wallet address that is derived from a public key.
- A secret code that is used to derive a public-private key pair. The wallet address controlled by this key pair is the temporary owner of the stamp until it is activated on the blockchain.
Official Crypto Stamps are issued by an authorized postal authority. Official postal authorities that have released Crypto stamps are:
United Arab Emirates